Thursday, December 27, 2007

CASA Community Member of the Week

Name: Cheri D.

Role: Friends of CASA Board Member and Marketing Chair


What interested you in the CASA Program?

Both of my children were in abuse and neglect situations prior to their adoption. Going through the adoption process gave me a unique perspective on not only the people hurting the children, but also those trying so hard to help and the road blocks that they often must overcome in the interest of the child. The CASA program is a fantastic way of putting more resources to bat for our children.

Tell us a little bit about your previous and current work and/or volunteer experience and/or education.

I have a bachelor's degree in marketing and an MBA. My work experience encompasses over twenty years in consumer and business-to-business marketing.

Hobbies/Fun Fact(s) about Yourself:

I love to cook, especially as a way of dealing with stress. I can't seem to finish a book - I have four going right now.

What is your favorite quote of all time?

"It is what it is."

How did you hear about the CASA Program?

About ten years ago, someone said to me, "You should be a CASA."


We welcome comments! Please click on the "Comments" link below.

No comments: