Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CASA Community Member of the Week

Name: Christy W.

Role: CASA Volunteer


Why did you choose to be involved with this organization?

I have been looking for a while to find a volunteer position that gave me a chance to have hands-on experience with a neglected or abused child. When I heard about CASA in a college course, I was intrigued, and looking into it further only assured me that I had made the right choice.

Work Experience/Volunteer Experience/Education

Currently, I am a full time student at Eastern Michigan University majoring in Psychology with a minor in Women's Studies. I am hoping to continue my studies and eventually branch out into the non-profit world. I also spend some of my time volunteering with the Safehouse Center.

Hobbies/Fun Fact(s) about Yourself

I am very interested in women and child advocacy. I am an alumnus of Delta Zeta. I am currently Hospitality Chair of National Association of Career Women. I am also involved in the Ann Arbor Coalition Against Rape.

How did you hear about the CASA Program?

I first heard about CASA in a Psychology course mentioned by a Child Advocacy Center Speaker.

No comments: