Thursday, February 3, 2011

CASA Community Members of the Week

Left to right: Alex B., Ava Adler, and Elyse B.

Name: Elyse B.
Role: CASA Supporter

What interested you about the CASA program?

The CASA program provides for children in a way that most people would not ordinarily think of.  I found its unique aid fascinating and I wanted to help the cause.

Tell us a little bit about your previous Work and/or Volunteer Experience and/or your Education:

I'm a student at Novi High School.  I've volunteered at a few different places (Angela Hospice, Gleaner's Food Bank).

Hobbies/Fun Facts about Yourself:

When I'm not at school, I love to read, dance, and find some way to exercise.  I also love to spend time with my family, including my dog, Buddy.

What is your favorite quote of all time?

When I was in third grade, I did a report on Sarah Grimke.  It began with this quote.  I've always remembered it since.

"All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet from off our necks."

- Sarah Grimke, abolitionist and women's rights activist 

How did you hear about about the CASA program?

My mother had worked with CASA before and when the opportunity arose to help out, we took it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Alex B.
Role: CASA Supporter


What interested you about the CASA program?

The CASA program gives children such basic support.  I can't imagine how difficult it would be to go through childhood without such basic opportunities.

Tell us a little bit about your previous Work and/or Volunteer Experience and/or your Education:

I have volunteered at food banks and as a teacher assistant.


Hobbies/Fun Facts about Yourself:

I play soccer and the drum set.  I am in my high school's band and enjoy computers.

What is your favorite quote of all time?

"Try not.  Do or do not.  There is no try."  - Yoda

How did you hear about about the CASA program?

Word of mouth.

No comments: